Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

P90X Day #3

So today is day 3 of doing P90x for me and after doing chest & back on Monday and plyometrics (jump training) last night, I have to say I'm surprisingly felling pretty good, especially since I'm still doing my regular daily morning runs. The work outs are definitely intense and if you really push yourself you are gonna sweat! The great thing about these videos that I have already discovered is (and probably why they are such a huge hit) is that you get all the benefits of going to an expensive gym and hiring a personal trainer but in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Now I've never been one to shy away from the gym, in fact I enjoy the atmosphere personally, but not having to waste 20-30 minutes in travel time as well as waiting around for someone to finish up on the one machine you need in the whole gym is invaluable. Your motivated to push yourself from the instructor Tony Horton, his favorite line is "Do your best and forget the rest" and they show different variations to make the exercises easier or harder depending on skill level. Another nice point is most of the people who are with Tony on the video are normal looking people and many of them are not professional trainers, just regular folks that made it through their test groups and were selected to shoot the video's. In fact one guy on the plyometrics DVD has a prosthetic leg, yeah that's right a one legged man is doing jump training, its kinda hard to slack off when you look up at the screen and this guy is "Bringing It". Today is going to be Shoulders and Arms, which I'm excited about those are the glory muscles. More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment