Pages

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Runner's blog #10 - I refuse to wear tights

So its been quite awhile since my last entry, the weather has gotten cold, and stayed cold, but I have made a firm resolution that I will refuse to wear running tights. First off no one wants to see that mess, including myself and my dog Lucky whom runs the majority of the outside miles with me. Secondly tights should really only be worn by the super fit and those who may one day wear the term "Olympian" in there title.

So anyway, since completing my first marathon I have been in some what of a training limbo, no real goal or target to strive for but still really motivated to get out and run nearly every day. I guess I've found that my motivation has changed over the last 2 years, at first I needed a goal, something to shoot for to keep me getting up every day and getting my butt to the gym or get out on the road. Fighting an mma bout, running the Bix 7, half-marathon, and a full marathon were my goals, my motivation, and what pushed me when I didn't want to go after it anymore. Everyday had structure, run this many miles on this day, this week, this month. Get to the gym so many days a week, for weights, kick boxing, jiu-jitsu and sparring. Now my goal this spring was to run a second marathon and beat my previous time but I'm becoming unmotivated under the strict regiment of a training cycle, so I recently decided I'm not running then marathon in May. I'm still doing the QC half marathon and some other races, and I'm still running almost every day (24 out of 28 days in February), but I'm ditching the training schedule. I'm running when I want and how much I want, its more fun that way I've found. I still have a strict regiment, but I dictate the parameters daily instead of blindly following some training plan off the internet. I also recently started doing P90x, and man let me tell you its intense and no joke, but the best part is that it's only as intense and hard as you make it, so anyone of any fitness level could start out doing it. I'm starting on a journey to become super fit! But I promise NO TIGHTS!


Sent from my U.S. Cellular Android device

No comments:

Post a Comment