Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fall is in the air...

Or so it seemed this morning when I headed out for my run, it was a brisk 57 degrees and light wind, perfect weather for running. I love running in fall like weather, so much so that my scheduled 8 mile easy run quickly turned into a 12 mile race pace effort.

It so much easier to pick up the pace and push a little harder when the temperatures start to dip, plus when the leaves start to change and you get the smell of fall in the air, it's invigorating. Part of the route I ran this morning took me through a park where the path runs along a stream. Its secluded from the noise of the neighborhood streets around, so its quiet and peaceful, just the sounds of your footfalls and nature makes it easy to get into an almost rhythmic trance. Running in that kind of setting is something amazing and something I wish I could do more often. It was a shame I had to turn around and head back, but oh well there's always tomorrow...until then...

...do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment