Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Caden's first Soccer Practice

Caden had his first soccer practice yesterday, he was so excited to be starting soccer, that was till we actually got there and started practice...




...Caden can be very shy at times, and I think he may suffer from dad's anxiety a little, shortly after practice began, he came running over to where me and Casey were kicking a soccer ball around, crying. Apparently he was upset cause he didn't know what to do and I think he was a little scared and intimidated. I told him to listen to his coach and he would tell him what to do, he then told me he just wanted me to coach him, which was sweet. We eventually got him to go back over and within a few minutes all was right with the world again. When they started practicing kicking the ball at the goal, he kept looking over at me and giving me a big thumbs up and smiling after his turn. He just needed to get out there and do it and realize that he is good enough, he hasn't realized yet that he is pretty good athlete, heck he competes against his brother all the time and holds his own. He doesn't understand that he's not supposed be able to do everything that Casey can do, but he tries and he succeeds, more often than not. What was really sweet was after we got back home, Casey spent about 10-15 mins kicking the ball back forth with him, showing him how to kick using the inside of his foot, he can be a good "Big Brother" when he wants to.



Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment