Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Fighters Blog #5



I sent in a quick post that I had one my fight but I wanted to go into a little more detail. First off it was absolutely amazing, the feeling after winning was one of the greatest feelings of my life. The day I was married and the day my children were born were amazing but this was different, those were more emotional and spiritual, this was something primal, a pure animalistic rush that in no way was to be confused with emotional, ha ha!

My biggest fear before the fight was how was I going to react once I got in the cage? Was I going to get what I call the nervous knees, like when I have to give a presentation, or speak in front of a large group. To my surprise I was incredibly calm, I felt confident and secure in my ability. I knew I had trained hard and had put the time in at the gym, so the fight should be easy by comparison.

The fight started out with both of us testing the distance, maybe a couple of punches exchanged (I haven't yet seen the fight) he was able to get in on a take down which I was able to sprawl and stuff for a moment but he eventually did get me down but I was able to pull guard and slip in a guillotine. He was able to slip out of the choke and posture up, I could hear Spencer yelling at me to wall walk so I started to position myself to stand up. He was trying to throw puches and I was able to take advatage adn trap an arm and get the sweep and reverse positions. Now I was in the mount and started working elbows and punches, once he rolled over and covered up it was over adn the referee stepped in to stop the action. Winner TKO in the first round!











No comments:

Post a Comment