Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Fighters Blog #2

The day I realized I was severely out of shape.

Getting out of shape isn't something that happens over night, granted it doesn't take nearly as long as getting into shape but none the less it is a process. It’s usually not until you try to do something that once never seemed like a difficult process, say like walking up a flight of stairs, or running to your car when it’s raining. Something you have done before and doesn't seem like that big a deal till you realize your heart is pounding out of your chest and you can't breathe. For me it was playing out in the snow with my oldest son pulling him around in his sled he got for Christmas. I don't think I lasted more than 10 minutes before I realized that I couldn't keep it up for much longer or I was going to keel over. The worst part was the disappointment on his face when I told him Daddy couldn't play anymore. It’s bad enough to be fat and out of shape but when that causes you to sacrifice things like playing with your kids you come to the realization that you have hit an all time low. But just like many people who have allowed themselves to get to that point, even though you recognize that you are out of shape, fat, obese or whatever you want to call it, doing something about it is the hard part. Also just because you hit an all time low it doesn't mean you can't dig just a little deeper until you wake up and start doing something about it. And thus we find ourselves at 30 years old and experiencing something no one that age should be dealing with.


Taken April 29th, 2009 281 lbs. One month in and 20 lbs lost. The advantage to taking periodic photos is being able to to compare photos, sometimes you don't notice the little changes taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment