Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Week 7 - Travel, rest days and anxiety

Sunday morning I flew to Tulsa for our annual Leadership Conference. I knew this would be a tough week for training and that's why I pushed a little harder last week. I did get a nice shake out run on Sunday afternoon after arriving, getting settled in and a short nap. Legs felt pretty good considering the high mileage on Saturday. Where we stay at has a good network of trails right behind the lodges so I was in heaven running there. Monday I hit the gym for a total body workout and Tuesday I was able to steal away after our meetings for another run. Our nights are pretty jammed pack with dinner and activities so good sleep eluded me while I was down there and that left me drained yesterday and today so I've taken the past 3 days off. I'm not disappointed in the extended rest days, I pretty much accounted for it as I laid out my plan and ultimately the rest is going to be a good thing, especially this early in the year. I can feel the anxiety and restlessness building inside me to get after it and hopefully tomorrow's long run will be just what I need. Probably not going after a marathon distance again, but should be in the ballpark of 16 miles. Ready to get back to my routine next week, I'm such a creature of habit.

Until next time ... Do today what other's won't, so tomorrow you can do what other's can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment