Pages

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Week 6 - Saturday Looonnnggg Run

Yea it was a long run today...

Met up with Jay, Emily and Phil at the radio station to run, we started off with an hour out and back before running up to Trinity for the LU Press conference and fun run. We did a loop around Bettendorf with some LU peeps, it was good to get caught up with some friends. Afterwards Jay ran back to the radio station with me, on the way he mentioned how close I was going to be to 26 miles and when we rolled in I was just at 24. I would have been good with that but with only 2 more miles to go I just had to get it so I headed back out for the last 2 with Jay as he ran home. I'll admit it was great to have a marathon under my belt I was grinning ear to ear as I pulled out of the parking lot. Made a pit stop at McD's and splurged on a cheddar onion burger and McChicken, man those tasted phenomenal.

Felt great today, sitting here now I really don't feel much different than I did a couple weeks ago when I knocked out 14.

Thanks Jay for giving me that little extra motivation to go for it.

Until next time... Do today what other's won't, so tomorrow you can do what other's can't.

1 comment: