Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Weekly Review 12/17-12/23

I'm finding it increasingly harder and harder to update my blog on regular basis, either I don't have the time, or when I do I just don't feel inspired to write anything, so I'm trying a different approach a weekly update of my training and anything else that is going on. I can add my workouts to it as I go and then publish at the end of the week. If something inspires me and I go off on a tangent I can always just cut it and create a whole new post.

Monday
AM - Slept in skipped swim
PM - 10.5 mile easy spin on the bike followed by 15 minutes of jump ropes, lunges, push ups and crunches before dinner, than 45 min of Yoga before bed.

Tuesday
AM - 31 mi/bike 3.35 mi/run, tried a new bike workout that I have been wanting to do for sometime. 10 min easy spin followed by 15 min progressive warmup increasing cadence. Main set 5x12 min continuous ride with first 3 sets alternating between higher cadence/low gear and low cadence/big gear (simulating hills). Last 2 sets progressively increased cadence. Ended up cutting out the last 5 minutes to brick my run, legs felt good, strong I think including stretching and yoga is helping my recovery time.

Wednesday
Got up on time this morning, could have easily gone to the gym but for some reason talked myself out of it today, have got to stop doing that. First off the year need to get serious about my swim training again.

Thursday
AM - Tempo run on the treadmill with 15 min warm up and cooldown on the bike.
Run - 7.4
Bike - 10.5
PM - Bike 45 min

Friday
Surprise, surprise I skipped my swim again.
Saturday
AM - Run 13 miles Met up with Jay, John, Tom and Sean. Started off running the bike path for 10 miles then finished up running the trails with Jay for 3 more. Cold but awesome run, always a good time when this group gets together no matter who shows up. So very fortunate to have such awesome people to run with as well as conversate with.
PM - Bike 60 mins Felt great up until the last 10 minutes when I got really light headed, didn't eat enough after my run this morning or for lunch.


Sunday AM - Bike 90 mins Brick Run, Good ride legs were tired to start. 20 min warmup then 5 sets of 3x4mins dropping from bigger gear each minute and increasing cadence, finished up with cooldown then did a brick run. Watched Facing the Giants while I rode great movie, very inspiring!

What's New:
So as mentioned earlier, I have reintroduced stretching and yoga into my regular routine, my goal is to do 30-60 minutes of stretching/yoga 4 or 5 times a week along with some light stretching after my more intense workouts. I know there is all kinds of different opinions on the benefits/detriments of stretching but since I have reintroduced it into my routine I have been recovering from my workouts much faster and have not had the typical soreness in the morning following a tough workout and since I follow the philosophy of K.I.S.S. I'm not going to over think it and just do what I know (think) is working.

Have a great week, a Merry Christmas and remember ...until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment