Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Dad's blog #1

So after reading yet another hilarious story from my cousin Dan's blog I've decided to follow suit and start sharing some of my thoughts and observations from being a father. I've been really bad about updating this, so for all 2 of the people who have actually followed this blog, congratulations you may actually have something to read more frequently than every 6 months now....well for awhile maybe....

....So Casey is getting ready to start Kindergarten next week, Deanna is going through the typical mommy reaction of my little baby is growing up, and Casey is both excited and nervous. The older he gets the more and more I've realized that he is as I put it "A sensitive soul", he very much cares about how other people view him already at such a young age. Which I suppose is good in the fact that it may keep him from doing things to get him in trouble, but it may also cause him some heart ache and potentially lead him into situations to please others instead of using common sense. The other day he was in a mood and seemed sad after some prying he confided in me that he was worried about making friends at school, he is the only 5 yr old from his daycare that will not be attending kindergarten with an already established friendship. I reassured him that he will make friends and told him the story about how when daddy started 3rd grade he had to leave all of his friends for a new school, and I think it helped a little. Its hard watching your child be nervous and anxious about going to school and making friends and know there is nothing you can really do for them except give them the best advice you can and hope it works out for them. I'm really not concerned that Casey will have any problems with making friends, he is such likable person it would be hard to imagine him not finding someone to be his friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment